DIY Jewellery Tree!
So, i was walking around with my friend Lucy today sort-of looking for a white jewellery tree, and i couldn’t find one under $20, and there was no way i was going to pay that much for something that was probably fake plastic anyway. On my way home from the bus stop i spotted one of these nice twigs, and i thought “gee i can do this myself!” So, here goes:
what you will need:
- 3 or 4 decent sized twigs, my tree stands stands about 50cm tall, so it is quite big. you want to make sure your twig has a lot of different little fingers on it, and sticking out at many different angles, this helps hold your jewellery in place!
- a bottle, or vase, small or large. I used an old coke bottle.
- jewellery, preferably delicate, the thicker/chunkier types need thicker branches.
how to make it:
- put your sticks in the jar. tape them up with sticky tape if you would like to.
- arrange prettily with jewellery
and there you have it my friends, a good old jewellery tree!
Vintage Suitcase Drawer Dresser | Man Made DIY
There’s something nice about vintage suitcases that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it’s that they feel like they have a bit of history about them. They’re not really practical these days for air travel, but they are usually so sturdily built that it’s a shame to leave them laving in the op shops. This is such a cool use for them - very Mad Men, 60’s, inherited-ish! If you have a retro vibe in your house these would slot in perfectly. And they don’t have to go in the bedroom- these would be perfect for holding your fabrics, craft supplies, in the bathroom to hold towels and other bits and pieces… all you need to do is find enough cases in the same size!
Inside Teen Vogue: Nicole by OPI polishes galore!
Purple ombré glitter nails! Download the Teen Vogue Insider App for a step-by-step how-to »